KONE India Installs the World’s Largest Passenger Elevator at Jio World Centre, Mumbai
KONE Elevators India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE Corporation, a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, installed the world’s largest passenger elevator at Jio World Centre, BKC in Mumbai. According to the company, the world’s largest elevator is a pure engineering marvel. Spread over a floor area of 25.78 sqm, this 16 ton, 5-stop elevator is carefully designed, built and tested from the most optimum people flow analysis, with high quality and safety aspects built in.
Addressing to the press people, Amit Gossain, MD, KONE Elevators India, said, “We are pleased to inaugurate the world’s largest passenger elevator in India! At KONE, we pride ourselves in offering custom-built solutions for unique projects. Besides our KONE India team, the KONE Global team of major projects experts collaborated with us to design and deliver this most challenging and complex project.”
Designed as a centerpiece of the collaboration-focused design, the elevator that was announced on the inaugural day of the iDAC ConExpo Mumbai 2022, provides visitors a glimpse into the expansive world of Jio World Centre, BKC, which is India’s new landmark business and cultural destination, located in the heart of Mumbai.
According to Gossain, KONE India is always up for the challenge; be it in size, speed or in complexity, each project needs careful planning and top-notch project management skills. “Together with our customers, not only we innovate and create solutions that users appreciate, but also create an experience that they can't find anywhere else,” he added.
Highlighting the driving factor behind this innovative feat, he said, “What’s next? How can we make our elevators and escalators smarter, smoother, safer and more intuitive? These are the questions we constantly ask ourselves. And it’s this curiosity that leads us to innovate and offer sustainable products and break-through innovations that go to the next level in making the buildings safer, smarter and more intelligent.”
KONE India also participated at the iDAC ConExpo 2022 as Title Sponsor of the Green Pavilion, where it presented its ground-breaking innovations. The visitors took a look at some behind-the-scene thinking and some state-of-the-art tech-led innovations that KONE is spearheading in the mobility industry. While at the expo, it was incredible to watch a seamless and safe people flow with 188 world-class elevators and escalators installed by KONE at the Jio World Centre, and each product is a masterpiece in itself.
So, what did the visitors experience?
- Energy-efficient solutions for greener buildings: such as the regenerative drive, standby solutions, and the revolutionary KONE UltraRope® high-rise hoisting technology, which can cut the energy consumption of, for example, a 500-meter elevator ride, by up to 15%.
- Advanced People Flow solutions for smart building experience: Touchless signalisation, Car Operating Panel & Landing call station, QR Code-based elevator call features.
- KONE 24/7 Connected Services for intelligent predictive maintenance: connects elevators and escalators to KONE’s cloud and uses artificial intelligence-based analytics to identify any potential issues before they cause problems
- Elevator integrated service robots for smart facility management: KONE is the first one in elevator industry to open its digital platform and APIs to the customers. This collaboration creates limitless possibilities such as touchless Elevator Call API, Service Robot API, Equipment Status API, Service Info API and many more.
- KONE DX Class Series: the world’s first Digitally Connected Elevator Series that creates a completely new kind of user experience by adding smart building solutions and services that make life even easier and more convenient for users.